Wednesday 28 April 2010

One good Tern deserves another




OK, I can hear the groans from here and I know it must have been used a thousand times, But I couldn't think of anything else.

After terning in for work at 04:00 ,(see what I did there),and being told my holiday for today had been granted I was up and about as the sun came up.
Decided to call into Broomey Croft and check Cliff Pool and after a quick initial scan almost fell off the hide seat when I saw a Sandwich Tern sitting on the furthest spit.
Managed to grab a few record shots that are blurred enough to be called Martin Yapp old stylie.
The bird took flight towards Shustoke after only a couple of minutes of viewing being harried by the ever present Black headed Gulls.Also present were 4 Common Terns and also nice to see was a Kingfisher that has been missing since the cold snap.
From there I nipped over the M42 to see if the Sandwich Tern had dropped onto Bodymoor or Hemlingford Water but there was no sign of it.
There was however 8+ Common Terns on Bodymoor.

No comments:

Post a Comment