Thursday 13 May 2010

Temminck's Stint at Coleshill gravel pit




Having awoke this morning at 01:30 for work, yes I do really have to get up that early, I found that I had a message informing me that there were 3 Temminck's Stints at Coleshill gravel pit.
Having never been there before I did a quick search on Google earth, checked the local forums for info and then found directions on Tame Valley Birding.
Well the day at work really dragged on and I eventually finished at about half one and shot straight over to the pits.
A couple of departing birders told me where to go and within minutes I was scanning the pit.
Having been told they were over there a minute ago, it took me about 5 minutes to locate 2 birds in a different area.
The birds were feeding happily, but being harassed by Little Ringed Plovers.
After about an hour one of the birds departed leaving only a solitary bird for anyone trying later in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment