Tuesday 12 January 2010

Coton in the gloom


Popped into Coton yesterday afternoon to try and add Smew to my year list.On arrival I realised that I'd left my camera adaptor at home, so the poor quality of the photo today is due having to use the digital zoom on my camera at almost max!
On entering the hide I was greeted by Alan Dean who informed me that 5 Smew were still present but had moved to the extreme left of the lake.
If you haven't checked out Alans "Gulls in the west midlands" you really should as it is a fantastic resource.
Well after scanning the lake for 15 minutes 3 redheads flew past with a single individual dropping in front of the hide for about 5 minutes before disappearing.
Also bumped into John Harris who informed me that there is a Blackcap visiting the feeding station at Ladywalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment