Tuesday 26 January 2010

Couple of days





Having blanked on the Greensandpiper & Redshank on Monday, I decided to try for the "mealy" redpoll that have been sighted along the canal at Bodymoor heath.
After a stroll around for half hour, I bumped into S Cawthry who said he'd just had the redpolls including 2 mealy, He then went on to give me precise instructions on the best place to view the bird from.
Needless to say the instructions were spot on and I was soon enjoying views of the two types of redpoll. The only downside was that they were to high in the canopy and too flitty for me to get any type of photo.

Wednesday

Tried again for a photo of the mealy redpoll, But the birds were way to flighty and the light was poor.Manage a year tick in the form of a Green Woodpecker and also snapped a Great Spotted Woodpecker high in the canopy.

No comments:

Post a Comment