Monday 22 March 2010

Funny old game




Iv'e been popping into Kingsbury water park on a daily basis trying to find my first summer migrants, with no sucsess.
The work is still ongoing at north pit, I would have thought that it would have been better to do this during the winter month and not at the start of spring migration, But what do I know.
On the plus side the Middleton lakes news letter says that we should have a hide in place by the Autumn, the only problem will be the distance it is from the nearest parking.
5 Little Egrets were nice to see, about time they bred in the area, but there was very little else on show.
A quick trip to Blindpits lane, Wishaw, after a tip off about a Wheatear also proved fruitless.I always struggle to see these in the Tame Valley for some reason.
After calling it a day, I got home and went for a smoke in the garden only to see 3 Sand Martin go flying overhead!
As I said, it's a funny old game!

No comments:

Post a Comment