Wednesday 31 March 2010

Spring is here



Yesterday I went to Broomey Croft for a couple of hours to see if I could pick up a few more migrants.
Fat chance of that as the KWP rangers were on the islands in front of the hides strimming to their hearts content,it looks like they went to the same school as the people at the RSPB and were told to wait until birds have started to breed and passage has started before you do any work.
Well after bumping into John the pilot & Tim we decided to head up the canal to Fishers Mill.I heard and then saw my first Blackcap of the year in glorious sunshine and on reaching "Fishers" Tim soon spotted 3 Little Ringed Plover.
It was as we turned back to the water park that thing got a little rough, possibly an understatement, with first hail and then torrential rain.
We arrived back at the water park looking like 3 drowned rat.

Today I risked a quick hour at Broomey Croft, dodging between the showers produced my first Swallow of the year and on returning to the car park there were at least 25 feeding over the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment