Friday 26 February 2010

A good end to a good week



It seems that birds are finally starting to move into and through the area, But I was a little shocked by the reports of three Waxwings in Wilnecote and only about half mile from where I work.
Waxwings have been quite scarce this year after the "invasion" of last year, so I got up there straight after I'd finished work.
On arrival I was told they had been seen some ten minutes earlier but had been chased off by some territorial Mistle Thrushes.
After waiting for another ten minutes the birds re-appeared and after whistling Jullian Allen to let him know they had returned I got to photographing.
The light wasn't ideal and the birds stopped in the treetops because of the Mistle Thrushes, But all in all a good end to a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment