Monday 22 February 2010

So glad




After finishing work I was in two minds whether to check Kingsbury water park or head straight home.
The forecast this morning had said snow and the wind had changed to a bitter North easterly so any sensible person would have gone home.So you guessed it, I went over to Kingsbury to check out Broomey Croft.
Nothing much of note on either Canal or Cliff pools only the pair of Shelduck and a single Redshank, so what to do?
I never go to the Sita hide, But with the wind whipping along I thought a quick march up the canal would get the blood pumping and keep me warm.
So glad that I did because as soon as I open the hide window I was greeted with the sight of a superb male Smew.The light was not good at all but I managed to get a few record shots.After such a result it didn't feel half as cold walking back along the canal!

No comments:

Post a Comment